Electric Vehicle Charging Point
I can install an electric vehicle charging point in your home or business, and install the following brand of Electric Vehicle Charging Points:
Find Out more information on:
Or, go to home screen – Click here
I hold a City & Guilds 2919 qualification and can also gain OLEV grants for Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Points.
I can apply for a grant of up to £500 for you to install an EV Charging Point in your home under the Home-charge Scheme, or up to £6000 for you to install EV Charging Points at your Workplace under the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS). This is limited to £300 per charging socket up to a max of 20 Sockets.
I will carry out a free survey of your property to establish the best options for you.
WHAT IS AN EV POINT?
An Electric Vehicle (EV) Point allows a driver of an EV or Hybrid Vehicle to recharge the battery on their vehicle.
TYPES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING POINT
There are 3 main types of chargers these have vastly differing speed
- Slow Charger – Primarily found at homes due to speed.
- Fast Charger – Also used at home properties, although can be found in commercial and residential areas.
- Rapid Charger – Mainly found at Motorway Services, Car Parks, Supermarkets and other public locations where super fast charging is necessary.
- Slow chargers are generally only for overnight charging and can take between 6 to 12 hours to completely charge a vehicle.
- Fast Chargers can be installed at homes, businesses and other public locations, they are capable of charging the vehicles batteries within a few hours, depending on the vehicle and rating of the charging point.
- Rapid (or Super Charger) Quickest form of car charging, charges a vehicle to 80% in 30 minutes, approximately an hour for full charge.
Type 2 plugs are the most commonly used and allows for 3 phase charging if your installation allows, I believe these are the best option to install, however the type of plug you use depends which vehicle you have.
EV Points in East Devon
There are currently very few publicly accessible EV points within East Devon. This will therefore deter people from purchasing EV cars, or EV drivers visiting the area.
Zap-Map – is a great resource for owners and drivers of Electric Vehicles.
Energy Saving Trust – provides information about Electric Vehicles and the benefits of energy saving.
Next Green Car – has some great reviews and comparisons from the latest Electric Vehicles.
See what people are saying about Arc Electrics
“Simon replaced our RCD board and wired up our garage and 2 sheds. Very neat work completed on time and as per quote. Overall very happy and would not hesitate to hire or recommend him.”
“Very knowledgeable, and able to advise on the best way to proceed to achieve the look we wanted. We would certainly use Simon in the future.”